Monday, January 20, 2020

My Introduction.....

Hello there!

My anonymous name here is Pierre Delecto. Took it from the latest famous person (Mitt Romney) using a burner account to hide their true thoughts.

I am a Political Science major prepping for law school. Probably the coolest thing about it is the versatile field it can give you after graduation. Best class I took last semester was Politics, Policy, Constitution taught by Charles Finocchiaro because it talked about current events such as impeachment and other Congressional procedures. My biggest accomplishment last semester was not procrastinating at all and getting ahead of everything in all my classes, so I was able to semi-relax during dead week since I wasn’t worrying about finals as much to bump my letter grades up.

Over the break I went to the Peach Bowl to watch LSU-Oklahoma (RIP), left at halftime because we were trash. Before that it was Christmas and the pregnant goats in our livestock gave birth, so we nursed them since it was super cold and freezing during the night.

Favorite books, movies, and tv shows:
- Lord of the Rings (movies and books)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Lost
- Chuck
- 24
Best movie that I saw in 2019 in theaters was Avengers: Endgame. Best book I read was American Carnage by Tim Alberta.
I don’t have a type of favorite type of music, but I don’t like loud metal music because my ears are sensitive to loud and repetitive beats.

My short-term goals are graduating college this semester and figuring out what I really want to do during the year. Long-term goals are getting a law degree after I finish my gap year post-undergraduate studies. A practical goal that I have is building my credit and getting out of debt post-college. Big dream goal I have is moving into the affluent Dallas or Houston suburbs.
PETS! – I have a golden retriever named Asher, he’s nine months old. Back home we have FOURTEEN goats, an Akita named Sammy, a chihuahua named Zoey, and another golden retriever named Summer.

Summer (Right) and her brother, Asher (left)

Asher


Favorite foods are sea food and Mexican food. I LOVE shrimp and lobster. On the Mexican side I love enchiladas, tamales, menudo, and everything else. Least favorite foods involve US restaurants that think they sell Mexican food, aka the spicy food that isn’t even spicy. Favorite thing to cook from scratch is a sea dish.

My hobbies are walking my dog, cooking, late night runs, video games, binge watching tv shows on Hulu or on Disney+.

If I had an extra day for fun, I’d probably spend it at Six Flags.

12 comments:

  1. I like the idea of Mitt Romney as your pseudonym-instigator, Pierre! Nicely done! Even better since you are a PoliSci major. Have you had a class with Keith Gaddie yet? I follow him at Twitter, and he's a hoot; he did the Bill of Rights in Haiku just the other day: Gaddie:Haiku. Your dog pix are so cute, and I have to say that is SO COOL about all those goats. I really like goats! I keep telling my husband we should get a goat who could nibble our lawn (there's a solar farm down the road from us where they have goats come and eat the grass). Maybe you will do a Storybook about goats...! Seriously, there are so many great goat folktales and legends from all over the world because goats are one of those fabulous international animals: global goats! You might keep that in mind when you start brainstorming Storybook ideas for the class. You could illustrate the project with pictures of your family's goats. They could achieve fame... at least MLLL-3043 Myth-Folklore fame. Which is something at least! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pierre!

    It's nice to meet you! Or your anonymous self that is... Anyways, it's nice to meet people of different majors in this class! Being an engineering major myself, I rarely get the opportunity to meet new people as I have so much homework and projects on my plate. Like you, I'm looking forward to graduating this semester!

    I wish you the best for this semester, as well as all your future endeavors such as law school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pierre!

    Congrats on making it to your last semester! I am sorry you actually went to the Peach Bowl; I watched it with one of my roommates and we had the more convenient option to just turn off the TV at half-time:/ I also love the Marvel movies: Iron Man is my favorite Avenger, but the original Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite movie. Good luck with your gap year, law school, and all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Pierre! First of all, love your dogs, they are adorable, especially that second picture of Asher! I also really like Chuck, I binge-watched it last summer with a couple of friends, and honestly it is a criminally underrated show. Completely agree about Endgame, it was perfect from start to finish, and I must admit I cried a lot. I hope everything goes well for you this last semester of college and that you enjoy your gap year. Good luck with everything and looking forward to getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pierre,

    Can I just start off by saying that there is nothing that I love more than dogs and your dogs are so adorable. I have two Shih tzus right now and when I graduate from college I plan on getting a husky, which is the dog that I have always wanted. Good for you on not procrastinating last semester, I can't say the same for myself as I pulled many all nighters in the Bizz on finals week and barely slept to keep my grades at an A. Good luck with your short term and long term goals, they are all things that will only help you in the future. Best of luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pierre,

    First of all I would love to say that your dogs are so adorable. That is pretty neat that you were able to go to the Peach Bowl in Atlanta even though we lost so badly. It is also neat that you had a few goats give birth. Not procrastinating is something to be very proud of. I usually have a relaxing dead week as but last semester was a little rough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pierre!

    Thanks for such a detailed introduction! Congrats on making it to your last semester, and that's really exciting that you're taking a gap year. I hope you find something great to spend it doing.

    Also, I absolutely LOVE your dogs. Those pictures are soooo cute. I'm also extremely sorry that you went to the Peach Bowl. My mom and stepdad also went and actually stayed the whole time. They were of course disappointed in the game but really enjoyed being in Atlanta. They actually ended up staying in the same hotel as the team and got a selfie with Bob Stoops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Pierre! Your dogs are cute first off! Your food list made my mouth water because I can chow down on sea food! I hate when people think food is spicy and it is no where near where it should be! Congrats on graduating and I cant wait to read some of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pierre!

    Very cool that you are using a pseudonym - I feel like this tool can help some people be more creative than they otherwise would have been. Good luck finishing up your Political Science degree and getting into Law School. I could never be a lawyer, but I appreciate the people who are willing to join that profession. I almost went to the Peach Bowl (I am glad I did not), maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pierre! I think its cool you got your anonymous name from Mitt Romney!Good luck with all your goals and everything post-graduation. Also, congrats in graduating! Great job in not procrastinating! I wish I could say the same but sadly I probably procrastinating the whole semester. Fourteen goats! Wow, sounds like a house full of fun with so many pets! Your dog pictures are adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Pierre!

    Being a poli sci major sounds pretty awesome. I like the idea of the pseudonym. I wish you the very best at law school!
    I also love Marvel and Mexican food (the two Ms of my life). I never cry during movies, but once I saw Steve dancing with Peggy at the end of Endgame, it was over. It was such a great movie though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pierre,

    I hope the end of your semester goes well and that you have success in your future law career! I think it is cool that this class has so many different people all with different majors. I am a big fan of the MCU as well and am currently rewatching all of the movies in chronological order! I also think it is really cool how you chose to use an anonymous name in your story book! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete