Monday, January 20, 2020

The Growth of the Mind.......... aka growth mindset

I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth of mindset before this assignment.

I currently see myself on the skills and intelligence spectrum of the growth-fixed mindset in my school work as well as my professional job. I approach everything this way as well due to my background of being analytical.

I am a transfer student so I had to get a big learning curve at OU. I was taught BlackBoard instead of Canvas at my old university and I was taught hard deadlines instead of flexible deadlines. Easier work instead of harder work. So as a result I had a steep yet timely learning curve. For example we had a universal format for papers at my old school versus here where every teacher is different and likes different styles of writing.

Ultimately I don't think I'll be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester due to graduation around the corner and the sheer amount of papers I'll be writing for class and my senior capstone paper. My personal goals for this semester is to be financially stable and to get A's in all of my courses. Main classes I'm worried about are online classes because of not being able to be in a regular class room settings so deadlines can sneak up on me.

OU IT Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment