Sunday, February 2, 2020

Topic Research

I've somewhat settled on telling a story relating to the Trojan War.

Classical
The War with Troy has been told through a variety of different mediums. I want to do a new version of the story where the Trojans don't have to flee to Italy but rather beat the Greeks at the Gates of Troy and launched a counter attack on the city states of Greece as a result of a petty new king. An entirely new story, no one wants to be told the same story twice (cc: Sony with Spider-Man and killing Uncle Ben twice, we wanted a new take, thank you Marvel Studios)

Original Source
Original source material as well as the original story is here. I can use a multitude of things here to be relevant to my own telling of the story. I want to be original so things such as characters and locations will be borrowed from here.

The Iliad of Homer
Samuel Butler's translation of the core story of the Trojan War.

Myths of Crete & Pre-Hellenic Europe
This source there is a trade deal between Crete and Troy. I can build something into an outline that would include Crete.

Trojan War


No comments:

Post a Comment